torsdag 6. oktober 2016

To the cabin: 6 C to 1 C


Again I am going to the mountain cabin this weekend. Like 3.September. But I am driving alone in my Tesla Model X. And temperature is close to 0 Celsius (32 F). The battery was charged to 333 km when I started. To Veggli it is 149 km, and then 11 km more to the cabin. Veggli is situated at 233 meters above sea level, so not a big climb. From Veggli to the cabin at Veggli mountain at 850 moh (meters above sea level), it is then a 620 meters climb in just 11 km.

I did not drive economically. Really used the acceleration several times from Oslo to Veggli. Still driving like when I had my BMW X5. At Veggli before the last climb, the battery had been reduced to 151 km. That's 182 km for the X during 149 km. The last climb is only 11 km, but arriving at the cabin, the battery ended on 112 km. That's approx 40 km for the X during 11 km. The battery using approximately four times the real distance. So for the total of 160 km to the cabin, I used 221 km of battery on 160 km.

This is 21 km more than last time (10% increase). I am alone in the car. But the biggest difference is the temperature. 6 degC in Oslo, 1 degC at the cabin (degC = degree Celsius, 1 Celcius = 33.8 Fahrenheit).