lørdag 12. november 2016

Driving in -10 C


On My way to hunt grouse again. From Veggli (233 meters above sea level) to Rødberg (371 meters above sea level), its 33 km. I used 51 km with my TMX. Started with battery on 140 km, when I reached the charging station in Rødberg, it said 89 km. In Rødberg I charged the Battery up to 172. Drove to Imingfjell Mountain Lodge (1070 m above sea level). Arriving, Battery read 105 km. All together, i used approx 120 km, from Veggli to Imingfjell. The real distance is 60 km, and the climb is 1070-233=837 meters. Now, not strange that I use twice as much battery than true distance when I drive uphill all the way. The interesting thing is that when I drove back again, from Imingfjell to Veggli, I only used 35 km of the battery. Downhill all the way :) Used the climate and radio. It is -10 °C outside. Varying from -8 °C to -14 °C ( 7 °F - 17 °F). So....Important to have good battery capacity when driving in winter uphill in Norway, you have less control of distance. Setting on the Distance on the battery is set to Typical (not Rated)(normal setting in Norway, due to climate and topography).